An opportunity to be part of an exciting new company that aims to impact the way people think and feel – with disruptive ideas and inspiring stories.
There are no current openings at INKtalks.
UPDATE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Each year, INK chooses 20 young changemakers from around the world to be a part of the INK Fellowship Program. They come from very eclectic backgrounds ranging from art to science to genomics to space exploration. They are the stars of tomorrow discovered today. Fellows are selected because they are young people who have already proven their potential to be the gamechangers of their industries.
The INK Fellows program has three goals: a) Provide worldwide exposure through the coveted platform of the INK Conference and other international conferences. b) Provide mentorship through the INK network to help further their causes, and c) Create a collaborative community of alumni. Combined, these three goals work in concert to achieve our ultimate aim of accelerating the ability of the Fellows to impact society.
We are looking for a young, vibrant person to coordinate this program, and help take it to the next level.
- About 5 years professional experience preferred.
- Experience working with different nationalities and international exposure preferred.
- Proven to lead planning and implementation of projects.
- Be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Must have a friendly warm personality.
- Clear communication online and verbally a must.
- Self-motivated and an out of the box thinker.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promote Fellows Program open applications to various institutions, companies, and individuals.
- Facilitate selection of Fellows.
- Assist in Fellows talk preparation.
- Plan and Execute Fellows Pre-Conference.
- Coordinate Fellows Offsite.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Track multiple projects and their deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Branding the Fellows Program with partnerships.
- Work with partners to define their relationship with the program.
How to Apply:
Please send in your resume with a cover letter stating why you are apt for the role and what you bring to the table that would make the difference. Please write to email@example.com. The subject line should read 'Fellows Program Coordinator Application'.
Note: This is a full-time position based in Bangalore, India.
About the internship:
We want to transform the nation by empowering our citizens with free information and knowledge. And we are beginning with 1 city, 1 town and 1 village. Google and INK have partnered together to take on one of Google’s most ambitious projects in India.
With less than 10% internet penetration in India, our country still has a huge opportunity to tap into the potential of the internet – and create educated minds and economically self-sustainable, independent communities.
We are looking for evangelists who can influence local communities and inspire them to use the internet and improve their lives. They would have permanently altered the face of the city by creating an excitement and a visible difference in the ecosystem. Their work would have changed the lives of people from students, to parents, to farmers, to housewives to entrepreneurs to the government. The impact would drive other cities and states to ask for ambassadors like you to drive change in their areas.
You are in the youngest and one of the hottest economies of the world. An internship like this will give you very deep insights to what makes the real India tick. Here you will learn how to take an extremely large project that is expected to impact a few 100 million and translate that into smaller executable pieces. You will also see how your ideas and execution prowess will feed into a large national initiative. You will learn more in 1 year here than in 3 years in a hotshot job.
We’ll train to get you started. And you’ll be under the guidance of two great organizations like Google and INK. At the end of 1 year, you will have the opportunity to continue on this project with us, if it excites you with exciting growth prospects.
The pilot of this initiative will be run in Bangalore, Hubli and a rural area near Bangalore. And you will be part of the pilot team of 10 ambassadors. The initial pilot will be for 45 days, post which, the team size will increase.
As part of the internship, you will be working for INK on a project for Google. So you will be an INK intern.
What we are looking for:
- INK is looking for applicants who will be leaders of the future. We recognize that leaders come in many forms with varied past experiences, so there is no one profile of an ideal applicant. There are many ways to demonstrate leadership qualities, and we view applicants holistically by looking for evidence of demonstrated past achievement: achieving ambitious, measurable results in academics, extra-curricular activities, and/or work leadership.
- Ability to achieve ambitious goals
- Ability to work effectively in challenging environments
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Communication skills
- Commitment to continuously improving performance
- Ability to think critically and base decisions on data and logic
- Commitment to the mission of the program
- Evidence that applicants operate with professionalism and integrity
- Experienced professionals or students who have just completed their graduation / post-graduation
- You must have completed all coursework required for your education
How to apply:
Please submit a resume along with a 1-page cover letter (interest letter/motivation letter).
In your cover letter, please include the following details:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What do you bring to the table that will really help you succeed in this job?
- The languages that you speak
- Share with us one or more high-impact 'projects' you have been involved with in the past. This could vary from a project in school to one you have done for your society or anything similar.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Joining date – immediately; Internship – 1 year
Remuneration: There will be a reasonable compensation during the internship.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
INK stands for Innovation and Knowledge.
We are committed to sharing ideas that disrupt and stories that inspire. From the most unexpected sources.
Our annual flagship product, the INK Conference, is in association with TED, the world’s leading platform for spreading ideas. This conference attracts a few hundred of the world's most influential thinkers and doers to speak and attend. Film-maker James Cameron (Avatar), Matt Groening (Simpsons), spiritualist Deepak Chopra, designer Philippe Starck, innovator Tom Wujec, surgeon Susan Lim, Joi Ito (Creative Commons) are a few of the names that have enthralled us with their ideas in the past. Artists, technologists, scientists, designers, entrepreneurs, archeologists, space explorers are some of the people that form part of the eclectic group that attend our events.
These ideas and stories are put on the web for the world to see for free. A cool, robust website is therefore at the crux of what we do. We are looking for a web developer to fill this crucial role.
The role will be based out of the Bangalore office. The candidate will be responsible to ideate, experiment and execute various features on the website www.inktalks.com and work in its associated projects.
- Work with an extremely motivated team, driving the phenomenon of innovation across India.
- Be an integral part of the revolution encompassing the sharing of Innovation and Knowledge.
- You will do more in 1 year here than three years at a large corporation.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute a scalable and robust architecture.
- Predict features that will be required on the website as we grow and get them ready well before time.
- Passion and grit to build a world class website that will attract a global community to the ideas and stories we put out.
- Super expertise in PHP.
- Ability to learn, adapt and execute. Fast.
- Experience with MVC frameworks (CakePHP a big plus).
- Ability to collaborate with teams using Subversion/Git.
- Crazy good at algorithms, and the ability to solve any problem (given enough time)
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of User Interface and User Experience.
- Love for use of open source products and willingness to contribute back to the community.
- As a part of the organizing team, a chance to attend the INK Conference.
- Meet and work with inspiring leaders, celebrities, and amazing people - frequently!
To apply for the post, mail your resume with a cover letter explaining what motivates you to join us to email@example.com